I visited Silver City located in York dale mall on March 20th at 4:fpm to watch a movie with my husband, like we always do every Tuesday.I have a very specific died, I am allergic to gluten and other foods and am unable to purchase the food sold at the movie theater.

I was trying to bring outside food into the theater and I was told that I would not be able to enter. I spoke to the manager and told him my situation and I stressed that I am unable to eat the food that they sell and he preceded to tell me that its unfair, yes he knows, but I can't enter with the food and that's all. I was discriminated against because I am different then the other movie goers. I was made to feel less worthy of participating in the activities that the rest of the patrons of Silver city get to enjoy.

Due to the difficulties I have digesting the food at Silver City movie theaters I had to choose between eating or watching a movie, a choice that the other people who go watch movies are not forced to make. I am made to sit in a movie theater full of smells from all the food that is being eaten around me and I can not participate because of an unfair rule, a rule that even a manager of this multi national company agreed to as being unfair.

To top it all off this all occurred in line with people looking at me, I was so embarrassed.I did not need and audience there to judge me, that made feel so uncomfortable.

Had an Experience with Cineplex?

Comments

Silver City never got to me, didn't answer my e-mail or give me a call. I haven't been back to see a movie since!